Huron at Western University
Huron has been developing Canada and the world’s most impactful Leaders with Heart for over 160 years. We specialize in a distinctive liberal arts, business and ethics-based learning environment that offers elite, yet accessible education where personalized learning experiences position students for leadership and professional success, while also developing their character. This is an undergraduate experience that is completely unique to post-secondary institutions in Canada. We recognize the best way for students to learn is through one-on-one mentorship provided by professors who mentor rather than lecture and take the time to understand how they can support your unique ambitions. Huron has one of the highest entering grade averages in Canada and attracts the next generation of Leaders with Heart from around the world: innovative thinkers who are passionate about improving the state of the world and possess the potential bring about positive change in their local and global communities. You’ll take on the world’s biggest challenges, develop the next game-changing business idea and research the issues that matter most to you, alongside the brightest Leaders with Heart from around the world.
• A Learning Environment Unlike Any Other: With an average of only 30 students per class, be part of discussion-based learning where you interact with your peers and professor, rather than learn in isolation within an overcrowded, impersonal lecture hall of 400, 800 or 1,200 students. Beyond the classroom, you will get to take part in experiential & research learning opportunities customized to your goals. While most universities take in tens of thousands of students every year, Huron intentionally limits its size to ensure you are engaged in the classroom and developing the skills that truly matter in the 21st century, not just memorizing textbooks and writing exams.
• Guaranteed Paid Internships: Every single student is guaranteed a paid internship opportunity – graduate with up to 16 months of high-level, paid work experience. Your personal Career Advisor will create a four-year plan tailored to your passions and goals while connecting you with future employers that offer job opportunities exclusively to Huron students. These hands-on experiences will prepare you to land a career you are truly passionate about, while supporting your financial flexibility.
• Flexible First Year: Choose from hundreds of course options with the freedom to experience at multiple different subjects in your first year. You don’t have to declare your major until the end of first year, so before narrowing your focus, you will get to explore a range of subjects and decide which are best suited to your goals and interests.
• Powerful Career Connections: Canada’s 3 largest companies have been led by Huron graduates. 85% of Canada’s Fortune 500 companies have Huron alumni in senior leadership roles. 2 out of 3 of all Huron alumni hold senior leadership roles in distinguished organizations in business, law, government, psychology, technology and more. Our Alumni Mentorship program will personally connect you to influential Huron alumni in your chosen field to provide you with constant mentorship, valuable industry insights and fast track your career though their personal connections.
• Our Culture of Care: We’ll be there from the moment your flight lands in Canada to ensure you have absolutely everything you need to navigate moving to a new country. Throughout your four years, benefit from easy access to quality 1-on-1 time with your academic, career and wellness advisors who know you on a first-name basis & serve as your personal Board of Advisors, providing 360-degree support for all your personal and professional needs.
• Elite Partnerships: Combine any Huron program with an HBA from Canada’s famous Ivey Business School, located right next to the Huron buildings. Huron is also the only university in Ontario to be a partner of the Harvard Business School
Up to 50%
One International Presidential Scholarship worth 50% of tuition fees (a value of up to $100,000 CAD+ over four years); 10 Huron GEMS Leader with Heart Awards (a one-time scholarship worth $5,000 CAD in the first year at Huron). The applicant must present a minimum admission average of 90% as calculated by Huron or 35 predicted IBDP Points | Demonstrate an exceptional record of extracurricular and community involvement and a passion to positively contribute to global society, depending on the scholarship a supplemental application may be required | The applicant must complete and submit the Personal Statement section in the Huron Application Portal and indicate within it that they currently attend a GEMS school
Our students have access to an ever-expanding list of scholarships exclusively available to GEMS pupils. These scholarships open doors to top universities worldwide, because we strongly believe that financial strains shouldn’t stand in the way of a student pursuing his or her dreams.
To explore the scholarship options in more details, you can:
- Explore the university profiles below and enquire directly with the university or representative by submitting your details in their dedicated enquiry forms below
- Make the most of your free access to Unifrog to discover the full details of the scholarships whilst you search and compare subjects, study destinations and rankings and much, much more.
- View university events available in the UAE and online which may be relevant to your needs – this is a great way to learn first-hand from institutions about the options available: https://www.gemsforlife.net/Events
- Enquire with your dedicated University Guidance Counsellor at your school You can also connect with our pre-vetted external counselling providers for additional, specialist support. View here (links to external counselling service pages when ready)
- Please read this information carefully