University of Guelph
The University of Guelph is a public Canadian institution located in Guelph, Ontario. The University is considered a mid-sized comprehensive university, with just under 30,000 students, studying across three campuses. The main campus is comprised of 7 colleges (Arts, Humanities, Agriculture, Physical Sciences and Engineering, Biological Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, and Business). U of G offers a broad range of academic options – with more than 92 majors within 13 degree programs – providing a great deal of flexibility to students. U of G is home to 2,000 international students from over 140 countries. The University of Guelph provides students with the knowledge needed to make a difference in the world while preparing them for their future careers. We Improve Life by focusing on the whole person to shape better citizens of the world. This concept is central to why students choose U of G. Inclusivity, global awareness, mindfulness, community, and resilience. These are the qualities we nurture and celebrate from the day they arrive through to their life as alumni.
Top 20 in Canada and Top 600 in the World (QS, 2022)
Ranked #1 in Canada for Student Residence Living! (Maclean's 2022).
Ranked #1 in Canada for Agricultural Science.
Ranked #1 in Canada and #5 in the World for Veterinary Medicine (QS, 2022).
Ranked #16 globally in the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings (2022), for societal impact towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
91.9% of our students are employed within 6 months of graduation. 4,000 students are placed in our co-op programs each year. $80 million annually in research funding, U of G is one of Canada's most research-intensive universities and is the largest employer in the city of Guelph. Gordon Lang’s AACSB-accredited School of Business and Economics ranks 6th worldwide for its integration of core courses and faculty research in sustainability. Located within an hour’s drive of Toronto, easy access to Canada’s largest city and airline hub. The city of Guelph is rated one of Canada’s best places to live, with a population of over 145,000, it offers the perfect blend of big-city and small-town.
Any GEMS student who applies with an overall minimum average listed here is guaranteed the University of Guelph's International Entrance Scholarship: Overall Minimum Average: CBSE - 85%; US Curriculum: GPA 3.5; GCE - 3 As and 2 Bs - one A at A Level; IB - 35 *Or equivalent based on curriculum. Students are then eligiblef for $4,000 award in years 2, 3, and 4. Eligibility criteria apply.
Our students have access to an ever-expanding list of scholarships exclusively available to GEMS pupils. These scholarships open doors to top universities worldwide, because we strongly believe that financial strains shouldn’t stand in the way of a student pursuing his or her dreams.
To explore the scholarship options in more details, you can:
- Explore the university profiles below and enquire directly with the university or representative by submitting your details in their dedicated enquiry forms below
- Make the most of your free access to Unifrog to discover the full details of the scholarships whilst you search and compare subjects, study destinations and rankings and much, much more.
- View university events available in the UAE and online which may be relevant to your needs – this is a great way to learn first-hand from institutions about the options available: https://www.gemsforlife.net/Events
- Enquire with your dedicated University Guidance Counsellor at your school You can also connect with our pre-vetted external counselling providers for additional, specialist support. View here (links to external counselling service pages when ready)
- Please read this information carefully