University of West London - RAK Branch Campus
"The University Of West London (UWL) is a public research university in the United Kingdom. The University has won several prestigious accolades including the ‘Top modern University in London’ (The Guardian University Guide 2022) and ‘University of the Year for Student Experience’ in the Times & Sunday Times Good university guide 2021, and UWL is ranked 23rd in UK (The Guardian University Guide 2023). The focus on providing exceptional employability skills has earned it the coveted ‘Career University’ title. UWL is recognized by the International Association of Universities and The Association of Commonwealth Universities. In 2017 the University of West London started its first branch campus in Ras Al Khaima, United Arab Emirates.
The University of West London RAK Branch Campus is located in the educational hub of RAKEZ Academic Zone, RAK. It offers high quality, career-focused courses imparting excellence in the recent trends in Business, Finance and Computing. Undergraduate courses are BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance, BA (Hons) Business Studies, BSc (Hons) Computer Science, BSc (Hons) Cyber Security. Students who completes BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance will get 9 papers exemptions from ACCA. Postgraduate courses are MBA, MSc Cyber Security and MSc Artificial Intelligence.
Courses are designed to inspire students to become innovative professionals, connecting them to exciting and rewarding careers. In-class teaching emphasizes real world experience and is informed by the latest research and cutting edge global practices. The Employability Lab & Placement cell at the RAK branch campus focuses on developing the qualities, skills, and expertise that future employer is looking for and giving internships and placement support. Several activities are designed to give students a strong foundation to build an exciting career. Other services offered to students include accommodation, transportation, and a provision to apply for a student visa for the course duration.
UWL RAK offers meritorious scholarships to students who earned good grades/scores in Grade 12th /equivalent, along with 10% yearly special grant for GEMS. Postgraduate students too can avail study grants based on their professional work experience and achievements.
Up to 25%
Eligibility criteria apply. Mention GEMS when applying.
Our students have access to an ever-expanding list of scholarships exclusively available to GEMS pupils. These scholarships open doors to top universities worldwide, because we strongly believe that financial strains shouldn’t stand in the way of a student pursuing his or her dreams.
To explore the scholarship options in more details, you can:
- Explore the university profiles below and enquire directly with the university or representative by submitting your details in their dedicated enquiry forms below
- Make the most of your free access to Unifrog to discover the full details of the scholarships whilst you search and compare subjects, study destinations and rankings and much, much more.
- View university events available in the UAE and online which may be relevant to your needs – this is a great way to learn first-hand from institutions about the options available: https://www.gemsforlife.net/Events
- Enquire with your dedicated University Guidance Counsellor at your school You can also connect with our pre-vetted external counselling providers for additional, specialist support. View here (links to external counselling service pages when ready)
- Please read this information carefully