University of Guelph
The University of Guelph (U of G) is a public Canadian institution located in Guelph, Ontario. The University is considered a mid-sized comprehensive university, with just under 30,000 students, studying across three campuses. The main campus is comprised of 7 colleges:
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Biological Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
U of G offers a broad range of academic options – with more than 92 majors within 13 degree programmes – providing a great deal of flexibility to students. U of G is home to 2,000 international students from over 140 countries. The University of Guelph provides students with the knowledge needed to make a difference in the world while preparing them for their future careers.
We 'Improve Life' by focusing on the whole person to shape better citizens of the world. This concept is central to why students choose U of G. Inclusivity, global awareness, mindfulness, community, and resilience. These are the qualities we nurture and celebrate from the day they arrive through to their life as alumni.
- Top 20 in Canada and Top 600 in the World (QS, 2022).
- Ranked #1 in Canada for Student Residence Living (Maclean's 2022).
- Ranked #1 in Canada for Agricultural Science.
- Ranked #1 in Canada and #5 in the World for Veterinary Medicine (QS, 2022).
- Ranked #16 globally in the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings (2022), for societal impact towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 91.9% of our students are employed within six-months of graduation.
- 4,000 students are placed in our co-op programmes each year.
- $80 million annually in research funding, U of G is one of Canada's most research-intensive universities and is the largest employer in the city of Guelph.
Located within an hour’s drive of Toronto, easy access to Canada’s largest city and airline hub. The city of Guelph is rated one of Canada’s best places to live, with a population of over 145,000, it offers the perfect blend of big-city and small-town.
up to CAD $8,500
Any GEMS student who applies with an overall minimum average is guaranteed the University of Guelph's International Entrance Scholarship.
$4,000 award also available in years 2, 3, and 4.
Eligibility criteria apply for all awards.
Applies to undergraduate programmes only.
Enquire directly with the GEMS partner via the dedicated GEMS Enquiry Form below.